Share this Post
- Needs Assessment – The first step is to VRI implementation is to discuss how you envision using VRI in your day-to-day operations. The scope of the technical set-up and approximate time frame will be determined for video interpreting service installation.
- Network Design & Firewall Specifications – We assess your technical requirements based on your needs to implement a secure network and firewall.
- Operational Workflow – We walk you through the VRI workflow so you’re ready to go post-implementation.
Address Book Plan
Next, we begin to connect your device(s) to the VRI platform and map data for reporting.
- Set-up device types- IU video remote interpretation requires separate installation based on the device type ( desktop, tablet, smartphone, laptop). Each device is set-up with a number used to identify your organization when you’re making and receiving video phone calls.
- Data Capture– Determining data capture is easy because we’ve captured what’s important to you based on the needs assessment in the previous step. Staff members will be able to make appointments, analyze data and achieve departmental goals with the software.
- Define Department Names– The data captured in the ODI will play a significant role in your day-to-day operations. For instance, in a doctor’s office the receptionist or administrator may schedule the video appointments, and the accounting department may processes the invoices or billing for each appointment. In this step, the data is customized so each department can quickly find what they need.
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) and Web Portal Instructions
- Usage and trends –The data captured for the previous example may come from multiple such as: patient records, appointment history, call logs, etc. All of this information can be used by administration and accounting to determine:
- VRI Average Session Time
- VRI Total Sessions
- VRI Sessions by Language
- VRI Total Hours by Language
- And More
As a result, departments can measure the return on investment, easily identify trends in current patients and predict an increase or decrease in the budget for VRI.
- The Joint Commission Reports- The 2007 report titled, Hospitals, Language, and Culture: A Snapshot of the Nation, published by the Joint Commission examines how sixty hospitals across the country aim to meet the cultural and linguistic needs of patients. It outlines the types of programs, policies, services, resources and other tools hospitals are using to address the growing diversity in the United States.
A series of checks and balances ensures proper connections are set-up and to work out any last minute kinks that may arise.
- Device configuration – We verify and re-verify that each device is configured properly to receive video remote calls.
- Distribution of licenses – The specific, technical needs of each client determines the licensing of the software. We will go over this in detail with you and answer any questions you may have.
- Verification of site to site VPN (Virtual Private Network)- Video remote calls are made on a secure VPN connection. (This happens when two computers or devices are securely connected on a private Internet connection to transmit information back and forth). We test this to verify all is working properly.
- Customized to Hospital Culture
- Presentations to Leadership and Staff Meetings- Before we go, we’ll give a brief demonstration to staff about our VRI best practices, how to use video services and more.
- Departmental rounding – Day/Night Shifts
Our customer service commitment doesn’t end when you’re up and running. We’re here for you every step of the way and beyond. Don’t hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.
- Ongoing Assistance from your Account Team – Questions? Comments? Let us know! Call or email us at anytime of the day or night and we will assist you with your inquiry.
- Re-implementation/training on Recurring Basis – In the event you need to implement additional devices, train a new staff member or upgrade the platform, we’re only a phone call away. Let us know what you need and we will get you set-up in no time.
Questions about VRI? Call 800-726-9891 or send a message to one of our representatives!Contact Us!