Document Translation Workflow
Document translation projects require a heightened level of linguistic expertise, as dialect and cultural competency can affect the meaning of a translation. Every translation is managed by a team of professionals who follow a strict protocol, described in the document translation workflow below:
The first phase of the translation workflow is project planning. In this step, the project manager assesses the original document (word count, page count, source language) and the client’s request (target language, file format) to determine an estimated cost and timeline for completion.
- Source material is sent to a project manager. Confirmation of receipt is sent to client on the same business day.
- Collect and verify source material, reference material and existing glossaries.
- Cost (based on proposed rate) and delivery (completion) estimate is provided within 24 hours. Email or fax acceptance is requested.
- Finalize project requirements and assign to translation team.
Translation shall commence upon client approval. In this step, the project manager communicates the status of the project to the client. Any pertinent information or changes requested by the client are relayed to the translator.
- Upon document acceptance, translation begins.
- Create/update glossaries and translation memories.
- Translate to target language(s).
- Client feedback.
- Typesetting and formatting is a part of this process.
- Translations are produced in the following formats: .doc, .docx, .xls, .ppt, .txt, .ai, .pdf, .csv, .idd and more.
Proofreading and Editing
After the translation phase, the document is proofread by a linguist for accuracy and to ensure meaning and context is not lost.Editing of grammar, punctuation, graphic design and formatting are completed in this stage of the workflow.
- Completed translation is sent to an equally qualified proofreader/editor.
- Document is proofread by subject matter expert.
- Document is edited for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Quality control, accuracy and format checks are performed by proofreader.
Project Delivery & Completion
- Assignment is now complete and sent via email or preferred delivery method by project manager.
- Client feedback.
- Invoice sent to client.
Quality Control Plan
All steps above are overseen and checked by IU senior management. All information is kept on a secure electronic storage, protected by VPN and redundant firewalls.
Making Connections Nationwide. For more information about Interpreters Unlimited and our translation services, please call 800-726-9891 to speak with a representative.
Ready to Submit a Document?
We provide written translations for Spanish, French, Arabic, Japanese Russian, Italian, Farsi and 200 other languages from coast-to-coast. Fill out the form below and a representative will respond shortly or give us a call at 800-726-9891.