Localization translation is the process of adapting product and content for specific regions, languages, and cultures. It is a critical component of the communications of global enterprises. To ensure that a company’s product and content are tailored for the audience that companies are trying to reach, it is that localization services are used are brought in to review and modify company messages and promotions.
Localization is more than just translation. Localization translation tailors communications and messages to a specific regional audience to better reach consumers.
Use IU to complete the localization translation of your website or video game. IU contracts experts that are familiar with the regional dialects, idiomatic expressions and local customs of your market segment.
Our workflow is designed for maximum accuracy and efficiency. A project manager pairs linguists with experienced web development specialists, to bring idiomatic and technical expertise to each project we work on. Here is how we work:
Our general approach to localization translation has two phases. The first is the initial program setup, during which we work with the Information Technology Officer and the Webmaster to understand all structure and requirements of the project. The second phase is the execution of the project from development to delivery. Please see the following glosses and workflows.
Initial Program Setup:
- Custom Glossary and Style Guide
- Automation Routines
- Parser Specs
- Final Delivery
Localization Translation Work Flow
- Pre-Translation Source File Review: IU will review a summary of all technologies and web development tool sets used to develop your website, including all the files in their original structures, as well as all original graphics used in the website. These will be analyzed for numbers of words, subject matter, desktop publishing requirements, file formats, and any client approval requirements to be put in place.
- Project Assignments: IU will confirm the project team, schedule, and review and approval milestones.
- Subject Matter Training and Research: Our teams will review and study all the reference materials provided, including source files, demos and general client information.
- Glossary Development: Translation teams develop and maintain client specific glossaries that leverage and reuse any existing client glossaries and the latest industry-specific dictionaries.
- Cultural Correctness Assessment: Previous to the actual translation process, the source web content and design will be reviewed for basic cultural correctness. For instance, certain graphics may be need to culturally customized.
- Translation, Editing, and Proofreading: Accomplished by two teams—the primary translation team and the secondary linguistic team that does the proof and edit work. Any available translation memory technologies are used to ensure an efficient and consistent translation.
- Website Graphic and UI Localization Translation: Embedded translatable texts (found in navigation buttons, web art, web graphics, etc.) are extracted and translated for the “localized” version of the graphic.
- Document Formatting and DTP: Any linked documents requiring translation and localization will be matched to the original source documents.
- Multimedia Localization: This includes working with any audio or video scripts to make sure the translation is done and is presented in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Website Quality Assurance and Testing: Our QA testing process checks the language versions of the site under selected browser and operating system combinations, and helps identify basic functionality issues.
- Client Delivery: Final draft sets of all source files in all target language versions are provided. Another round of QA is performed once language versions of a website are in their final hosting environment.
- Final Edits and File Archiving: Client provides final commentary on translation and formatting. Comments are incorporated and final websites and documents are produced. Glossaries and Translation Memories are updated.
Contact Us Today
We solve language and transportation needs. For more information please call 800-726-9891 or fill out the form below.